An exciting new vacancy for a Junior Quantity Surveyor with one of the fastest growing companies in Ireland. An excellent and well remunerated position with a great opportunity for career progression.
Junior Mechanical Quantity Surveyor Role
- Assisting with doing take-offs and preparing BoQ’s.
- Liaising with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Liaise with internal team members and assist in pricing variations.
- Liaising with clients from initial enquiries through to final accounts.
- Cost Control/Management of Projects
- Preparing measures and works packages for procurement and valuation purposes.
- Actively work with Project Manager relating to contract variations.
- Negotiating and purchasing of Sub-Contractors and suppliers.
- Closely monitor and process project variations.
- Prepare reports including cost reports and cash flow forecasts.
- Issuing tender queries and preparation of tender reports.
- Preparing progress applications and cost reports.
- Reporting to management on the financial progression of projects.
- Ensure effective records are kept of the works as they progress.
- Monitor project costs against budgets, identify problems/opportunities and recommend /implement change where necessary.
Key skills and experience required: Junior Mechanical Quantity Surveyor
- Degree qualification in Quantity Surveying
- Some experience in a similar role (the quality of experience is more important than duration.)
- A reasonable knowledge of commercial mechanical services installations.
- Ability to read drawings and do take-offs.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative with a minimum of supervision.
- Able to communicate politely and professionally at all levels, internally and with customers.
- Enthusiastic with ability to work to tight deadlines.
Comprehensive package: including company vehicle for the successful candidate.
- Immediate start available.
- Job Type: Permanent
- Attractive Salary Package
- Reply with CV’s to the following emails: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
The expert mechanical services contractors...
Alpha Mechanical Services & Contractors are one of The United Kingdom's and Ireland's leading providers of high efficiency commercial heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems (HVAC). Services include: new equipment installation & design, repair, replacement and planned preventative maintenance.
We offer a full range of mechanical consulting, installation and maintenance services with expertise in all aspects of commercial and retail HVAC systems. We have our own in-house engineering, fabrication, commissioning and health and safety experts to ensure cost-effective delivery of the highest quality solutions in a zero harm environment.
At Alpha Mechanical Services Ltd. we bring industry leading expertise and cutting edge technology to create uncompromising solutions. Lets work together!